GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
This Privacy Notice provides clear information on:
- How we collect your personal data
- The types of personal data we collect
- How we use your personal data
- How we store and protect your personal data
- Our legal obligations relating to the use of your personal data
- Your rights relating to personal data that we hold about you
- Your right to access data held about you
- Our Cookies Policy (see separate document on the Website)
How We Collect Your Data
The data we collect is provided to us by you, or an agent/representative acting on your behalf. It is collected when you or the agent:
- completes an enquiry on our website
- provides information to us in an email, letter or Blaze Martial Arts forms
- provides information to us by telephone
- tells us in person
The Data we Collect
The personal information we collect when you register for a FREE trail lesson, or as a member of our martial arts school. This can include any or all of the following:
- The full name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The email address of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The telephone numbers of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The date of birth of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
- The occupation of the person(s) making the enquiry, booking a lesson or joining as a member
We also capture additional information such as; any other martialarts / sport that you have previously studied, any previous martial art grades you achieved, and what you are looking to achieve should you join our school.
After your FREE trial lesson, should you then wish to join our school, this information will be used to process your membership and the form will then be destroyed. Should you decide NOT to join our school, the form will be destroyed.
On joining our school we will also ask you to complete a 'Terms & Conditions' form outlining our Terms & Conditions. This form provides an opportunity to accept or decline the receipt of promotional emails and newsletter, exclusively from us as a member of our mailing list.
How we use Your Personal Data
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and in a way that you have provided permission.
We will use your personal information to:
- Process your booking and provide confirmation details
- Obtain and confirm payments for our services bank transfer
- Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or by post.
- Provide additional information that may be useful to you or is requested
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you when leaving a Blaze Martial Arts school
- Provide you with details of discounts and other Blaze Martial Arts promotions or information (where you have granted permission)
How we Store Your Data and Keep it Secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store your information in a secure manner and to prevent its loss or misuse.
We will not store or process your personal information outside the United Kingdom.
Your data is stored on a secured computer drive on a designated computer, which is password protected and accessed only by authorised personnel at Blaze Martial Arts (The Proprietors).
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We will not disclose any personal data we hold to any third parties, unless with your express and documented permission. We may however disclose your personal data to third parties where it is required by law and evidence of this will be retained.
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity e.g. a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
Request for Deletion of Personal Data
You also have the right to request that we delete and destroy your personal data. Subject to providing evidence of your identity (see above) we will be happy to comply with a request to delete your data.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to other websites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and as such, you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.